|Rocky Mountain Remedies
Practical Health Information
| Pictorial Astrology
Symbolic, Intuitive, Accessible
|Your Pictorial Signatures
| Medical Astrology|
Pictures of Health
FREE Symbolic Profile
The Healer's Apprentice
Study Healing and Take a Rocky Mtn. Vacation
Dr. Bob's 2002 Walk
Rocky Mountain Hometown
People in the Northern Paradise
Signs of the Times
Symbols in the News
The Portable School
On The Road Again in 2009
Medical and General
Charts of the Month
Interpreted with Pictorial Astrology
Reading the Stars:
Signatures in the Heavens
This site is presented in the spirit of
royal astrologer of the late Middle Ages.
Signs of the Times: Is 1-13-12 Similar To 9-11-01?
Every thing - including every event - is a symbol of some inner working or life energy coming to the surface. If we care to, we can see this FACT in our lives and bodies. Nothing happens by so-called accident. The same case fits for the outer, wider world. “Every thing in this world has a hidden meaning.” Nikos Kazantsakis
The recent dramatic and tragic grounding of the cruiseliner, Costa Concordia, might well put many people to thinking, pondering, and cogitating not just on outer causes but also on inner workings coming to the surface: “What was that ALL about?”
Folks who might pay particular attention:
• The captain of the ship, who is now in very BIG TROUBLE.
• The Carnival Corporation, owner of the ship. Their profit line and safety record are clearly disturbed.
• Investors and Insurance companies may have to look again at involvement with big cruisers.
• Ship builders. The incident is sadly reminiscent of the Biggest and Best ship of its era - The Titanic. Too big to sink is a lot like too big to fail.
• The European Union and the Eurozone. See third paragraph below.
• Everyone interested in symbols and the world situation.
Let’s review some current information on the Costa Concordia and this disaster:
The Concordia was one of the very largest ships of its class built anywhere and specifically in an Italian shipyard. The Carnival Corporation paid $570 million USD for the cruiseliner which was registered in Italy and launched September 2005. On its maiden voyage in 2006, the Concordia weighed 114,500 gross tons, had 17 decks and was 300 yards long. The ship was intended to carry around 3700 passengers. It had one of the world’s largest exercise facility areas at sea. The ship also had four swimming pools, five onboard restaurants and thirteen bars. Entertainment options included a 3-level theatre, a casino, and a discotheque. Children weren’t forgotten as a Play Station World was provided for them.
The Costa Concordia ran aground off Giglio Island, Italy, with 4211 passengers on board on Friday, January 13, 2012. The wrecked cruiseliner “could turn out to be the biggest insured loss in maritime history,” analysts and industry experts said, “with some suggesting insurers and mutual societies could end up shouldering $1 billion in losses.” It has been noted that due to the extensive damages, the ship may well be considered a total loss. The media has reported that 17 people died in the accident and 15 are still missing many days after the event.
Of keen interest to symbolists, the Concordia was so named to express a wish for “continuing harmony, unity and peace between European nations.”
Of further interest may be a youtube video of the christening of the Costa Concordia in July 2005. The bottle didn’t break. A BAD omen, they say. Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yEzRmBpJ80
What do you think? The writer takes his own symbolic messages from the event. Maybe you have your own. I invite you to share them to pass on to other readers.
I have the habit of going to my Astrograph program to set up a horoscope whenever a major event occurs. Signs fitting the moment are often immediately apparent. They may not have predicted the happening, but do put the moment in larger perspective once it has occurred. That was no more the case than in the Costa Concordia Disaster.
A number of hints are spread around the Costa Concordia event chart, but Mars and the Moon exactly on the Ascendant really do Tell the Tale. These three epitomize the moment and the chart. They make for an amazing Signature for the recent disaster.
• Do you see it? The Moon is the boat, the Costa Concordia, riding above - but barely - the water surface (here it is the Horizon of the Horoscope - the horizontal line across the chart). The Moon generally represents the body or physical vehicle, in this case that of the cruiseliner.
• Just below the water’s surface sits Mars - potent aggressive energy - which at the exact moment of the incident coincides with the Ascendant (Rising Sign). Astrologically, Mars got too close to the Moon. They collided - Mars penetrated the Moon to initiate the event. The conjunction of Mars-Moon created a string of new events in the lives of many individuals and organizations.
• The disaster occurred at 20-22 degrees of Virgo. Appropriately so because Virgo is an Earth sign.
• Earth is important here. Virgo, the Earth Mother, via Moon, Mars, and Ascendant effectively ruled the moment.
• There is also a great predominance of planets in Earth signs (Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn) in this chart, adding to the tipsy out-of-balance event. Too much Earth, not enough Water.
A couple of other related parts of the chart:
• The Nadir or base of the chart shows the North Node of Moon at 13 degrees of Sagittarius. The Sagittarian spear speaks of the foundational nature of the chart.
• Nearby in 4th house of Home, Pluto and Mercury are conjunct. The two put together suggest to me Unconscious Travel which might well fit the boat, the time, the people and the cruise.
• The 6th house (naturally ruled by Virgo) has two planets - Neptune and Venus - at the 29th (final) degree of Aquarius (look like waves to me, although an air sign) . Conjunct is Chiron - the healer and and wounder at 2 degrees of Pisces (a water sign).
• Jupiter and the Black Moon are conjunct in Taurus (Earth sign) in the 8th house of death, change, transformation.
Signs and Symbols are everywhere. Synchrony is inherent in life.
If we have our eyes open and "ears to the ground,"
clues abound regarding the shape of things to come
in our personal lives and in the greater world around us.
Quotations on Value of Symbols
People often look for dreams or psychic readings or the tarot to tell their future.
While these are valuable resources, we are already living in a waking dream full of symbols.
Lets's read - or -re-read - some of the images presented to us in recent times.
prior to the turn of the century and millennium.
Technologists and bureaucrats were worrying mightily and working feverishly
to prevent major glitches due to the Millennium Bug
from happening in computer programs around the world
when January 1, 2000 came.
Well, the moment came and passed with little problem and big relief.
Instead, the real Y2K is just now beginning to happen gradually
with financial and economic, political and social changes occurring faster and faster in recent years.
• George W. Bush Elected (?) President of the USA •
The 2000 election of George W. Bush was muddled by chads and miscounts.
He gained the Presidency by a hairsbreadth in the Electoral College, 271 to 266.
Al Gore had won the popular vote.
For a month, the nation wondered and worried about the outcome of the election.
Many citizens of the USA and the world have continued to wonder and worry for 8 years.
Still, it seems clear that GWB was ordained to be America's 43rd President.
He is the product of a "dynasty" going back centuries, in some ways to George III.
Mr. Bush was "the RIGHT man for the time"
to bring America into the present pivotal period in history.
His Sun is in 12 degrees of Cancer, less than a degree from that of the USA.
America's natal Sun is placed in Bush's secretive, dark 12th house in a comparison chart.
What do we and the new president have to look forward to?
Is this the darkness before the dawn?
• World Trade Center Attacked •
The 2001 destruction of the World Trade Center was a major catastrophe for the USA and the world.
Structurally, financially and in fundamental human terms.
However behind the obvious pain and suffering lies the symbol of FALLING TRADE AND COMMERCE.
Preceding Wall Street, banking and credit and mortgage calamities of 2008-09,
the attack and destruction of the towers and associated structures
portrayed in horrific images coming times
when rampant aggrandizing materialistic capitalism will tumble to the ground.
It already is.
• The Space Shuttle Columbia Explodes •
Coming shortly before the onset of the Iraq War in 2003,
the explosion of Space Shuttle Columbia on re-entry from a mission was saddening as well as spooky.
Seven brave and talented Americans lost their lives endeavoring to further scientific explorations.
But, the Columbia Disaster was, again, more than an isolated, passing trauma.
Columbia is another name for America.
It might well have rightly been named so officially,
as we claim Columbus discovered the New World.
So, another picture of America is exposed as the Shuttle Columbia explodes and falls from the sky.
A pattern may be emerging here.
• World Bank(er) Full of Holes •
Mother-in-law used to say, "Dress for success."
Paul Wolfowitz, President of the World Bank, should have listened to Mom.
But, it takes more than a suit and a pair of socks to hold up appearances.
Wolfowitz was caught on camera with holey socks at a mosque in Turkey in 2007.
Paul may just be careless about his own clothes and finances, but he was The President of the World Bank.
As the head of such a major financial institution and appointed such by American President Bush,
Wolfowitz might have had the resources to stop at Walmart for some extra socks for such occasions.
But, one has to wonder if there isn't more to this picture than meets the naked eye.
Maybe Paul was sending us hints about the state of world finance.
For more details on the photo and incident, click
Paul Wolfowitz's Socks
• US Airways Flight 1529 Goes to the Birds •
There are no accidents.
A large and wide flight of geese got in the way of US Airways Flight 1529
as it took off from LaGuardia Airport on January 15, 2009.
Within seconds, the plane's engines quit.
Within minutes, Captain Sullenberger ditched the aircraft safely in the Hudson River.
No major harm came to the passengers, but the "ship" may take a long time to get back in the air.
The incident occurred just days before the inauguration of the 44th President of the USA.
• Barack Obama Stumbles at the Gate •
Whatever the cause, the new President misspoke his inaugural oath on January 20, 2009.
Concern arose such that Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts
made a special trip to the White House the following day to take Mr. Obama through the process again.
So, was President Obama's administration birthed on the 20th or 21st of January?
Looking at the two inaugural charts and knowing the environment in which he begins,
we can expect Mr. Obama has his work cut out for him.
The opening miscue portends difficult days ahead, to be sure.
Our prayers and support are needed.